Ananda Mohan College, Mymensingh is one of the renowned college in Bangladesh. It was established 1901. Ananda Mohan Bose established this Institution in 1883 in his own family residence at Ram Babu Road. This institution was later renamed City Collegiate School. On 18 July 1901, it introduced a college branch as an affiliate of the Calcutta City College established by the Brahmo Samaj. The college section was closed in 1906 after the death of Ananda Mohan Basu. Two years later, Mr. Blackwood, the district magistrate of Mymensingh took an initiative to reopen the college. In the process, the college was renamed Ananda Mohan College. Professor Baikuntha Kishor Chakravarty was appointed its first principal. The college was affiliated with Calcutta University till 1947.